A JOURNEY BACK IN TIME ..


Wecome to Bertha's Bed and Breakfast. Come on in .. grab a cup of Coffee and one of Bertha's delicious Cinnamon Rolls .. they're fresh out of the oven .. ummmmm .. can't you just smell them!!! Sit down .. relax .. and read about my adventures in finding my ancestors.

This will be a work in progress as I will be posting articles I typed and information I have found since I began this delightful search back in the year 2004. The stories will be posted as I originally typed them .. and some will have more pictures and information added as I go along.

I hope you enjoy taking this journey back in time with me!!








Friday, March 6, 2009

WE BEGIN OUR JOURNEY ..

This will be a "Journey Back In Time"!!

My mother, Leona Mae Shrider Grissom, was born January 24, 1909, the daughter of Levi and Etta Blanche McCurdy Shrider. Mom knew very little about her mother’s family as she was only 13 years old when her mother died. There had been a big upset in Blanche’s family and the only family members her mother ever talked about were her brothers, Arthur and Ernest and a sister, Esther. She did remember that Blanche’s mother’s name was Dollie. She thought Dollie’s last name was Bowen but she wasn't sure. She has also told us that her mother went to Ohio and brought Arthur’s daughter, Helen, back to live with them when her mother died and that when Arthur remarried and she took Helen back to live with him it broke her mother’s heart. When the family went to Ohio they always visited Uncle Arthur and his children, Helen and Richard. This is the information I had when I started out on this quest to get to know my ancestors.

This will be an ongoing process .. I spent two years deeply engrossed and very excited about researching not only my McCurdy ancestors but also the paternal side of my Mom's family, the Shriders, and on my Dad's family .. the Winnett's and the Grissom's. This was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done!! I have many notebooks of information and pictures. The hard part of doing this blog and probably the most time consuming part .. will be figuring out the best way to present it to you .. but I will do my best!!

Collecting this information was a labor of love for my parents. Posting the information will be a continuing labor of love in memory of my parents and for my family .. the descendants of Noble and Leona Shrider Grissom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Blogging is one of my favorite things to do .. in fact .. I have FOUR blogs .. LOL!! "MY BIT OF MORNING BLATHER" .. is just that .. a bunch of blather!! My way of keeping up with friends and family. "BERTHA'S BED AND BREAKFAST" .. this is an ongoing project about my ancestry. RAGGEDY ANNIE'S GRANNY .. is about fun things Ken and I have done and travels we have made!!! KEN AND LIZ'S BIG ADVENTURE .. is about our latest adventure .. selling our home and buying another home!! If you want to check any of them out let me know and I will send you a link!!

Followers